BLÆST is part of Aalesund Protective Wear AS (from now on referred to as AaPW). Here, we will provide an overview of the information we process and why we do it.
Personal information manager
Aalesund Protective Wear is responsible for the processing of AaPW’s personal information, as well as the underlying brands:
- Aalesund Oljeklede
Aalesund Protective Wear AS
N-6008 Ålesund, Norway
Telephone: +47 70 21 65 00
This is the information we process
What information we process depends on your behavior when visiting our digital channels. Sometimes, we process information directly linked to you; in other cases, it’s more indirect.
We process your information when:
- you contact us via the contact form, e-mail, or social media.
- you subscribe to newsletters.
- you apply for one of our vacancies.
- you visit one of our websites: aapw.no, strakofa.no, oljeklede.no, regatta.no, no.blstworld.com, or blstworld.com.
- you create a user on one of our websites.
- you are shopping from us, either via the online store or directly with the sales office by telephone or e-mail.
- one of our dealers passes on your information in connection with your product orders or other requests.
The information we process:
- Contact information (e.g., address, e-mail, telephone number).
- Payment information (e.g., time of transaction).
- Organization number.
- Information you share in your requests, such as e-mails or messages to us on social media. To give you a good answer and help you further, we will then process the necessary information to consider.
- Other information relating to you when you contact us directly or via a dealer.
On our websites, we also use necessary information cookies. You can read more about this in a separate section.
Why do we process your personal information?
We only process information that is relevant for us to be able to help you. This may be:
- Information that enables us to handle your inquiries, orders, and purchases, as well as send your goods to you.
- Information relating to your user account to let you view your purchase history, update contact information, or the like.
- Information we need to fulfill legal obligations.
We use information cookies on all AaPW’s websites:
Our websites combine necessary cookies with preference, statistics, and marketing cookies. Some are added by third-party services appearing on our websites.
It is stated by law that we may store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission. You can manage the cookies yourself via your browser.
AAPW uses the Swedish supplier Rule to send newsletters for the company’s brands. We only store the information you provide when you sign up for our newsletters, and we will only use it to send you relevant news and offers. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters from us, you can unsubscribe anytime.
If you want to know more about how Rule processes information about our subscribers, you can read Rule’s personal data assistant agreement.
Sharing and transfer of personal information
Sometimes, sharing your information with other collaborating companies will be necessary.
For instance, we need to share some information with those who operate the payment solutions we offer on our websites, such as Vipps and Klarna. To know more about how they process your information, you can read Klarna’s privacy notice and Vipps’ privacy statement.
In addition, we share information about how you use our website with our partners in social media, advertising, and analytics. This information may be combined with other information you have made available to them or collected by them through your use of their services. Today, we use Google Analytics (GA4) and Facebook Pixel.
The platform we use for our websites is Shopify, and you can read more about how they deal with privacy on their websites.
Storage of personal information
We process your information per applicable laws, meaning we do not store your personal data longer than necessary.
In practical terms, we will remove information when it is no longer relevant or necessary for analyses and the purposes for which it was collected. We will not use information about purchase transactions older than three years for marketing purposes.
However, all processing of personal information will always ensure high security and confidentiality.
We want to be open and transparent. You can, therefore, request access to the personal information we process about you. You may also ask us to update the information we have stored about you if it needs to be corrected.
In some situations, you may also require us to:
- delete your personal information
- limit the processing of your personal information
You can read more about your rights on the Norwegian Data Protection Authority's website. Most of the information is in Norwegian, but they have some pages in English.
If you believe that we do not process your information in accordance with the applicable laws, you can complain to the Norwegian supervisory authority Datatilsynet (datatilsynet.no).